Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Mom new to the AG world...any advice or help?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member wildpony's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2005
    Posts
    570
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the board!!

    Yes, Kit's bed would be great! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member jlogemann17's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    Welcome to the board and AG. Both of my daughters (8&10) really enjoy AG, and I've purchased plenty of AG stuff, and some non-AG stuff.

    About Target- some of the clothes do fit, if they're not too fitted, but they are a tight fit on the AG dolls, that given with the fact that they are so much lower in quality than AG- I would stay away from them. We have just 2 Target outfits, neither fit quite right, and the shoes don't fit at all. Target is a fine place though to pick up cheap modern furniture, if your daughter wants that.

    The AG outfits are, as a general rule, very good quality- and when they're not, AG will make it right for you. They have some of the best customer service, I think. Eventhough I usually don't spend even $25 on an outfit for my daughters (I'm more of a thrift store or clearance rack shopper), I do spend the money on the AG outfits. I know that may seem weird, my daughters' dolls are better dressed than they are. My daughters LOVE AG though, and we've all come to appreciate 1 AG outfit over 2 Target ones, or 1 AG outfit over yet another 10 pieces of Fashion Polly. My girls end up with fewer gifts at Christmas and their birthdays, but they enjoy them more- and I enjoy not having 15 billion little pieces to pick up. Your daughter is old enough to appreciate the value of money, and certainly the value of nice things if she saved for her own Marisol- I say just stick with AG over Target or other retail places, or use some of the vendors personally recommended here. Hope you and your daughter both enjoy AG as much as we all do!

    I agree with the others on the Kit bed, if you want an AG one- otherwise if you're looking to save some $$- I'd get a bed from Target.
    Jo

  3. #13
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar
    Ha, Ha, Ha...a newbie! Oh you are going to love us here! We will take care of you and your every AG need!

    We are the "Slippery Slope Gang; hope you have a good pair of skiis! Mwahahahahaaa...seriously welcome and Kits Trundle bed is good or the retired AGT bunk bed. Someone was selling one here on HB earlier. I forgot who it was??

    Bedseller!!!! YOU HAVE POTENTIAL CUTOMER HERE!

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] prasnlrd in CA. [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

    PS: We love new <s>addicts</s> ,... I mean AG fans, Mwahahahaaa! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member ddlovesag's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for making me feel so welcome! I'm seriously considering the Kit day bed, but wondered about the quality. I want it to be something that will last a long time. I will definitely have to order a brush. I was a little concerned that there will only be a few gifts for dd (because of cost)under the tree, but you guys made me feel a lot better about it. I know that I am buying something that will last her a long time. I have to admit I'm spending a lot of time on the AG site lately. lol
    Now, can someone please tell me who Jess and Emily are?? As a newbie, I don't know when they release dolls, like LE's, and I don't know the other AG fan secrets....so share your beginner tips, or perhaps things you wished you knew about AG in the beginning. Thanks.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Homemommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2005
    Posts
    501
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Now, can someone please tell me who Jess and Emily are?? As a newbie, I don't know when they release dolls, like LE's, and I don't know the other AG fan secrets....so share your beginner tips,
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jess is the next LE doll that's due to be released either the end of Dec. or the first of Jan.

    Emily is rumored to be the next friend doll released.


    Hth's

    You'll learn a lot from this board! I've only been on the board for a month and already found out a TON of things that I didn't know before. ENJOY IT! It's a great pplace to hang out and chat away and find out some hidden knowledge [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member ubarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2003
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by mykidsloveAG:
    Eventhough I usually don't spend even $25 on an outfit for my daughters (I'm more of a thrift store or clearance rack shopper), I do spend the money on the AG outfits. I know that may seem weird, my daughters' dolls are better dressed than they are.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But the dolls will never outgrow those outfits. Six months from now DD's clothes will be on their way to the Goodwill. Six years from now, our dolls will still be wearing theirs.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member mikesa3's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2005
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Hi I'm a new AG Mom too. My dd(8) is getting her 1st for Christmas.She's getting Marisol. Not sure if you are looking for a inexpensive bed idea but Family Fun magazine has a cute idea for AG beds. They use a small two shelf bookshelf to make a bunk bed. It's in the newest issue. It would be a inexpensive bed plus could always be used for books in the future. I'm hoping to find some patterns that fit the AG so I can sew some outfits for her and maybe make a matching one for dd.
    Nancy

  8. #18
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome!

  9. #19
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the board and to AG.

    I have Kit's bed and it is in very good quality! It is made of metal! Very durable! I bet you it will last 20+ yrs!

    Hope your DD enjoys her Kit. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member rafferty's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi and Welcome!

    I'm jumping in here a little late, but I thought I would tell you my DD is the same age. I really do think the best way to go is Kit's bed too. It is just darling, and because it is metal it is very durable. I also think that my DD through the years has really liked getting fewer nicer gifts....she is one to get over stimulated too though, so a few Ag go a long way. Several of the sellers on eBay also have stores with shoes, etc. You also can get AG outfits on sale some of the time. You just need to check the monthly specials and the regular sale items.

    Shelly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •